Tuesday, February 28, 2012

So red!


Violet Indigo Blue Green Yellow Orange Red in accordance
Seven colors in God’s rainbow stripe given equal importance
And though I can add Gold Silver and Bronze to the list
Yet Red is the first color to which I was always attracted

I guess it started with teen age when life seemed a love story
Daydreaming, crushes, roses, cute little hearts adding to its glory
Usage of this color was so much in the things above
And thus kindled my superficial romance with the color of love

Even though the teenage dreams were left behind with time
Somewhere deep down its resonance would always chime
Gone to buy something and it would be red that would beckon
T-shirts, dresses, handbags, heels, nail paints collected over time in a red unison

Open my wardrobe and it would be red that would leave me blind
Its bright shine outdoing other colors playing havoc with my mind
Just imagine if I were to wear all I owned in Red from head to toenail
I’m sure I would look like a She-Devil minus the tail

And so I decided consciously one day that enough is enough
I should give a chance to other colors too even though it would be tough
Now my wardrobe is happy with colors of different hues
Red is still there undoubtedly but accompanied by whites, greens, purples, black and also blues

2 comments:

  1. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete